A short list of the reasons why my iPhone went back to AT&T on Saturday.
- Couldn’t accept meeting invites on it.
- No Cut/Copy/Paste.
- The keyboard.
- Not enough fine tuning control over email:
No indicator lamp or LED- can’t tell at a glance if I have voicemail/email/SMS messages– or even if the thing is powered on.
No encrypted password vault or ‘eWallet’ utility (I depend on this to ‘remember’ things like seldom-used low-stakes passwords, etc)
No video out; can’t use it with the cool display glasses I recently bought.
No removable memory or ‘mountable storage’; can’t use it to transport files. The SanDisk folding SD card + USB that I use with the Treo has spoiled me.
Lack of 3rd party applications/extensions.
No “museum mode” for the iPod features; most of the training things I want to do I can do better on a video iPod or desktop.
No Adobe Flash.Yet?
It’s good, borderline great, but there HAS to be a better one coming 12-18 months from now.
- Can’t control size of email initially downloaded
- Only checks at pre-defined intervals; 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour…
- Doesn’t put things in “Sent items”, instead you automatically cc: yourself on everything